10 Sep Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 6 medium ears fresh sweet corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and halved
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red or orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. fine sea salt
- 2 oz. Cotija cheese (or feta), crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 3 Tbsp. chopped green onion
PREP: 25 minutes, COOK: 8 minutes, SERVES: 8
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Brush corn and poblano pepper with oil. Grill for 8 minutes or until kernels begin to char and surface of pepper blisters, turning occasionally. Cool slightly. Remove skin from the poblano pepper.
- Cut corn kernels from cob and place in large bowl. Chop poblano pepper and add to corn. Add bell pepper and 1/4 cup cilantro. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, lime juice, honey, chili powder, and salt. Stir into corn mixture. Top salad with Cotija (or feta) cheese, green onion, and additional cilantro, if desired.
Each serving contains: 131 calories, 6 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 12 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrates, 2 g ber, 6 g sugar, 4 g protein. Daily values: 13% vitamin A, 58% vitamin C, 6% calcium, 5% iron.
Recipe Source: Fresh Thyme