25 May What I Did on My Pandemic Break
Like many of you, we have had some time on our hands. Oh, sure, we have been continuing to care for our patients with in-practice visits and through Tele-PT, but our patient visits have been down 50% for about 8 weeks now. After our initial scrambling to establish rules to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we have been able to set aside some time on Wednesdays for a series of practice updates, enhancements, and general improvement projects. So, here is what we are doing during our Pandemic Break:
- Painting and re-organizing our practice physical plant to ensure a clean, clutter free experience for you when you return.
- Taking care of necessary administrative requirements to safeguard your protected health information.
- Updating our Electronic Medical Records system with more individualized templates to increase efficiency and allow more patient focused time.
- Teaching and training our Residents and Staff.
- Purging boxes and boxes (and boxes) of charts.
- Did I mention painting?
- Deep cleaning and maintenance on equipment.
- Organizing supplies to ensure adequate options for patient care needs.
- Updating safety procedures.
- Auditing electronic records.
- Updating home exercise templates for efficiency and effectiveness when given to patients.
- Writing blogs, blogs, blogs.
- Collaborating on new services to be offered to you in the areas of wellness and performance enhancement.
- Re-connecting with colleagues who ordinarily work in different offices, with the goal of reducing unwanted variability in your physical therapy experience.
- Updating front office policies and procedures.
- Training aides to assist us in your care.
- Updates to our Website www.bodyonept.com and social media postings on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Linked-In.
- Enjoying the extra time with patients and colleagues.
As you can see, we are keeping ourselves busy with the luxury of ‘free time’ to improve our services, buff up our physical plant, and better prepare ourselves to deliver the high quality, one on one, effective and efficient physical therapy that you have come to expect. Of course, what we really want to do is help you return to an active life, sooner.
Dr. Brian Pease
If you have a bum knee, a slipped disc, or a sore shoulder, let us form a therapeutic alliance with you. If we can help, call one of our three convenient Northside locations to schedule an appointment with one of our caring, knowledgeable and professional physical therapists today! North Indianapolis/Carmel, Fishers, Zionsville. Call today!