05 Mar Spicy California Shrimp Stack
Posted at 11:20h in Recipes, Uncategorized
A quick and easy way to enjoy sushi at home. Dr. Kaitlynn Austin shares a healthy meal her my whole family enjoys.
- 1 1/3 cups cooked short-grain brown rice (from 1/2 cup uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp, peeled and tails removed
- 1 cup diced cucumber (about 1 small)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado (about 1 medium)
- 4 teaspoons Furikake (such as Eden Shake or use sesame seeds)
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce (or gluten-free)
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and oil. When rice is done, add rice vinegar and stir. Evenly spread rice on a sheet pan to cool.
- Cut shrimp into 1-inch cubes. In a small bowl, combine cucumber and chives. In another small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sriracha sauce.
- Using a 1 cup dry measuring cup, layer ¼ cup cucumber, then 2 tablespoon of avocado, then ¼ of the shrimp, and 1/3 cup rice.
- Carefully turn the cup upside down to turn the stack out onto a plate, lightly tapping the bottom of the cup if necessary. Sprinkle with Furikake and drizzle with 1 teaspoon soy sauce and sriracha mayonnaise.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Recipe Source: Skinny Taste