Treat yourself with a little sweet. You’ll never guess that these brownies have zucchini in them!
-1 Tbsp vanilla
-3/4 cup sugar
-1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-1/2 cup cocoa powder
-1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
-1/4 tsp. salt
-2 heaping cups hand-grated (large holes) zucchini
-1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine eggs, vanilla, sugar, and applesauce in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Fold in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips until combined.
- Pour into an 8×8 pan.
- Optional: top with extra chocolate chips
- Bake 350-degrees for 35-45 min. Test with a knife; brownies should be moist and very slightly under-done. Knife should not show raw batter, but if it comes out totally clean, brownie texture may closer resemble a cake than a gooey brownie. Store in an air-tight container to retain moisture.